Welcome to the Pecan Press Kid’s Corner, where you can find out about kid happenings in Hyde Park. Feel free to submit anything kid related, including event info, kids’ drawings, stories, comics, songs, poems, what have you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the cool camps offered around our neighborhood and keep a look out for summertime fun close to home like the Shipe Pool Opening Party and Movie Night, June 20th!
- Griffin School, 5001 Evans – Rising 6th-9th graders can choose from music, radio, fashion, art, and writing camps.
- Camp at the Elizabeth Ney Museum, 304 E. 44th Street, 512-458-2255 – “Visual Literacy: Storytelling through Art”.
- Austin Junior Golf Academy, Hancock Golf Course, 811 E 41st Street – Ages 5-13 hit the links and celebrate the week with a hot dog and snow cone party.
- Junior Tennis Summer Camp at Pharr Tennis Center, 4201 Brookview Road near Mueller – Ages 6-14 have fun on the courts.
- GENaustin at Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway– Girls grades 4-7 gain skills to navigate girlhood in a fun, interactive environment.
- Austin Parks and Recreation at Hancock Recreation Center – Ages groups 5-9, 9-13, and 12–16 explore this year’s theme, “Keep Austin Weird”.
- Creative Action at Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway – Ages 5–9 enjoy amazingly imaginative camps all summer long.
- Bits, Bites, and Bots at Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway – Ages 8-14 have loads of technical fun.