Several public schools serve the Hyde Park area. To find the school assignment for your address, go to Austin Independent School District.
- Lee Elementary School, home of the Roadrunners.
- Ridgetop Elementary School, a dual language school and home of the Rattlers.
- McCallum High School, home of the Knights.
Student living in Hyde Park can attend their designated public school or can apply to attend one of the districts’ academic magnet schools, fine arts academies, international baccalaureate schools, or other special programs.
- Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders, a public all-girls school that serves grades 6-12.
- Fulmore Magnet Program, at Fulmore Middle School. This program specializes in international law and humanities.
- Kealing Magnet Program, at Kealing Middle School, This program specializes in math, science and liberal arts.
- Lamar Middle School Fine Arts Academy, at Lamar Middle School. This program specializes in visual arts, dance, band, orchestra, choral music, drama, classical guitar, piano, and digital arts and media.
- Liberal Arts and Science Academy, at LBJ High School. This program specializes in liberal arts and science.
- McCallum Fine Arts Academy, an exemplary arts education program for grades 9-12. This program enables students to pursue an accelerated arts curriculum as fine arts majors.
- International Baccalaureate Program, at Anderson High School. This program “meets standards of international academic excellence and promotes admission to colleges and universities throughout the world” (Anderson High School website).