As part of Austin Parks Foundation’s It’s My Park Day event, each year Hyde Park neighbors, friends, and volunteers participate in the annual clean-up and landscaping day at Shipe Park, renaming the event It’s Shipe Park Day! Please join us – the details are included below:
- When: Saturday, March 2nd
- Time: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Where: Shipe Park & Elisabet Ney Museum (44th St and Ave. G)
- Register Now!: http://www.austinparks.org/its-my-park-day.html
- Who to Contact with Questions: Rhonda Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Details: Volunteers will clean Shipe Park grounds, paint trashcans and picnic tables, remove leaves from both pools, remove graffiti from playscape and other areas needed, mulch trees, spread dillo dirt. The clean-up also includes The Elisabet Ney Museum and coordinated cleaning of the creek and removal of invasive species within Shipe Park. All volunteers who are pre-registered will get a free T-shirt!
- Remember to wear closed toed shoes, long pants, bring a water bottle, and dress appropriately for the weather. Tools, gloves, and water will be provided.
- If you would like to bring a child, please carefully consider which project you choose. Children must be with a parent at all times.
- In case of rain, projects will start one hour late. If rain persists, projects will begin at their original start time on Sunday, March 3rd.